One week of your summer can…
- Distinguish you in the competition for college admissions and scholarships
- Expand your leadership and problem-solving skills that will help you throughout life
- Give you a huge head start in your senior government class
- Introduce you to some of the smartest, most motivated high school juniors in Kansas
- Establish lifelong friendships
…if you attend the American Legion Boys State of Kansas.
We are looking forward to our 79th session and our 25th year on the beautiful Kansas State University campus in Manhattan, Kansas.
The 2016 session dates are June 5 - 10, 2016.
The purpose of this site is to better explain what you can expect from your 2016 Boys State experience. If we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the office by clicking the e-mail link on the right menu.
At any time you may return to this page by clicking on the Welcome link on the right menu. If you are brand new to this site, we suggest you watch our videos to learn more about what this program has to offer.
If you would like to nominate a student for Boys State 2016 (or beyond) click here.
If you are an alumni of Kansas Boys State and would like to update your information click here
(Note this site does require Adobe Flash Player)
Congratulations to Zane Phelps from Osawatomie KS (Anderson County Jr/Sr High School) [City of Bramlage, Bradley County]. He is the Kansas winner of the Samsung Scholarship from our 2015 session! Zane was a member of the Amercian Legion Boys State of Kansas Senate.
Here's our current progam video.
Here's a bit of fun we had in June of 2012 at our 75th session. Hope you like it! (may not play on all mobile devices)